1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Barcelona

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Maginot, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Hi

I was wondering if anyone had been to Barcelona with your sixth form. Companies that we have tried all seem to be quite expensive for what is being offered. Planning on going the week 18th-22nd of feb, 5 days, but being quoted £330+, not including admission into the sites. Taking about 30 students and seems a bit pricy.
    Any ideas???

2. Hi

I was wondering if anyone had been to Barcelona with your sixth form. Companies that we have tried all seem to be quite expensive for what is being offered. Planning on going the week 18th-22nd of feb, 5 days, but being quoted £330+, not including admission into the sites. Taking about 30 students and seems a bit pricy.
    Any ideas???

3. I have taken a couple of groups although not for a few years and organised it myself. One occassion flights from Luton and then travelled by metro or walking whilst we were there, hired coach for one day to visit Cordonuie which is well worth it. Everywhere else is accessible by foot Nou Camp, la Vanguardia, Segrada, Gaudi Park, Pueblo Espanol etc. This really kept costs down whilst there as we weren't paying for use of coach and 2 drivers for the whole time.
    Look for a hotel slightly out of centre towards beach resorts as out of season and easy to get into centre by train. Plus weather can be nice we even spent half day playing rounders and team games on beach - which is free!

4. Thanks hlcoups

Will definitely talk to department head about planning ourselves.

5. RKM

RKM

Hey

We went in March. We went with Halsbury Travel and the kids paid £260.

The only downside was the coach journey. If we went by air there was no way I would have got 40 kids to go on the trip.

We stayed in a 3 star hotel, half board. We went to Nou Camp and Portaventure. We had a tour of Barcelona Port which was brilliant by boat and some of the kids got a chance to sail it. We went to a sweet shop that made sweets whilst you watched. We also went to a cyrstal glass works and a winery.

The kids loved it, but I wouldnt go by coach again.

6. I've thought twice about posting, as I'm the business studies course director for a tour operator(www.SETBusinessClass.co.uk), and perhaps you only want to hear from teachers. But here goes - as the previous posters say, DIY and/or using a coach is always going to be cheapest. But if you do want to use a company and go by air, it should be possible to do it somewhat more cheaply than you indicate. Don't forget that we can buy some things cheaper than you can, and competition means that mark-ups are usually quite modest. Of course, the price will be driven by exactly what you want to do,how you do it and of course, flight prices. If you want us to take a look and offer alternative suggestions, drop me a line.

cheers
    Bill Seward

7. Just got back ours was £235! By air as well! Great!

8. markh455
    I would love the info on the trip for £235 by air. Who is that with?? any info would be fab.

Thanks
    Jane

9. Hi Mark

Would it be possible for you to send me details of that £235 trip and who it was with.

That would be fantastic.

e-mail - athompson021@hotmail.com

Maginot

10. I did the trip myself. Easy to do. Went with a tour company last year and cost £330. Did it myself this year and was only £235.

11. cb700

cb700 New commenter

Off to Barcelona in 3 weeks does anyone have any suggestions for things to do on a evening/suitable places to eat for a large group of sixth formers?

Booked the seat factory nou camp mango factory going to be a fantastic experience for the students!