1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Barbados to USA

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Does anyone know where the easiest place to get a connecting flight to? I would like to fly into Miami, however, it looks pretty pricey!

Is there a cheaper airport?

2. Does anyone know where the easiest place to get a connecting flight to? I would like to fly into Miami, however, it looks pretty pricey!

Is there a cheaper airport?

3. Have you already booked a flight to Barbados?
    You could perhaps check Trip Advisor, or you need to find out the hubs for US airlines flying into/out of Barbados. Delta's main hub is Atlanta, American Airlines is Dallas Fort Worth or Chicago, United is Newark, USAir is Philadelphia I think. Hub/spoke changes tend to be cheaper. Otherwise is there a small regional airline that flies between US and Barbados - a little like Easyjet etc?

4. Try New York, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta or Phili. I was under the impression that Miami tended to be the cheapest though.

5. Trailfinders or one of the other 'flight shops' will be able to work out consolidated fare using their in house systems.
    It might be cheaper to fly with a US airline into their hub and out again to Barbados, with the hub as a transit point only on the outbound. You can then use your return stopover at the same hub for a longer stay in the US. 'Open Jaw' or side trip fares can be much more expensive, and particularly so in the 'high season' for your final destination.