1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bar Mitzvah and 'Sixty-Six'

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by WillowFae, Mar 7, 2011.

1. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Someone on here mentioned that they use 'Sixty-Six' when teaching about Bar Mitzvah. I was just wondering which sections are useful and is it worth getting hold of?

Thanks

2. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Someone on here mentioned that they use 'Sixty-Six' when teaching about Bar Mitzvah. I was just wondering which sections are useful and is it worth getting hold of?

Thanks

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

What's That???

4. it's a movie - me, i'd go for jack rosenthal's 'bar mitzvah boy' - there is a lovely scene which really addresses the point of a bar mitzvah

5. It's a couple of years since I have done this topic. If I remember correctly there was a scene when the boy is preparing for his bar mitzvah with the rabbi and a scene in the synagogue on his Bar Mitzvah day. I would n't buy it especially as the clips are only short. I used a Teacher's TV video called 'Bar Mitzvah Boys'. It is a bit dated but it worked OK. J x