1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Banks in schools

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by chicat, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help me with something- I am looking for schools that have set up 'banks' within the classroom or school as a whole to teach the children about money? I know that some schools have done this via schemes with some of the large banks but I would like to try find teachers or schools who have set one up themselves without the bank. Does anyone know of any schools like this?

Thanks!

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I recall putting 50p into a Midland junior account in order to get the must have black kit bag, dictionary and pencil case many years ago. I don't think I ever got my 50p back.

3. I know that some credit unions operate within schools. If you do a search for 'find your credit union' you should be able to find the CU operating in your area and contact them to ask if they work with schools.