1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Banking Money

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by PatsyJo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. As part of my subject leader role (no TLR) I am expected to bank money, co-sign cheques and keep track of the bank account and statements, I have asked for this to be completed by the admin staff through normal school fund but have been told this is not possible and it has always come with this role. Any advice?
    Thanks

2. As part of my subject leader role (no TLR) I am expected to bank money, co-sign cheques and keep track of the bank account and statements, I have asked for this to be completed by the admin staff through normal school fund but have been told this is not possible and it has always come with this role. Any advice?
    Thanks

3. AdmiralNelson

AdmiralNelson New commenter

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole...

4. Agreed. Though it appears you already do. However, dealing with cash cheques etc, taking money to the bank should not be expected of a teacher as it does not require the skills and trainng of a teacher to do so. It is clearly an admin role. Managing the subject budget might be legitimate, but should exclude handling the money side. I would also think that this would be frowned upon from an audit point of view as there could be a concern regarding the separation roles and the potential for fraud.
    You could simply refuse to continue to undertake this activity. It can have nothing to do with your role as subject leader. I wouldn't do it even if I had a TLR!

5. coppull

coppull New commenter

Please read Annex 3 of STPCD( School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document 2011).
    This is one of the twenty five tasks that teachers should not be doing and now have not being doing for years.The job should be undertaken by the Bursar or anybody else responsible for money in the Office Staff. Please e-mail /or print a copy of this section of STPCD to anybody ,who has told you to undertake the task.