1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bank bounced money

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by hoof_hearted, Jun 20, 2020.

1. hoof_hearted

hoof_hearted New commenter

Hi there. It's been ages since I withdrew, and I have closed the bank account that I withdrew too. Accidentally of course. I've rung the bank, and they said that they will bounce the funds back to TES. I wonder if this will automatically find it's way back to my resource balance, or whether I need to notify someone?

2. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

I would email them if I were you. It is unlikely to go back on your balance and is more likely to be in a holding account waiting for you to tell them the account you want it sent to. help@tes.com or authors@tes.com should be able to help you.

3. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

This same thing happened to me; I had to e-mail them constantly to get them to refund the money (took about a month), but did get it in the end. Definitely e-mail them and be sure to include all details (previous account number, swift code, etc) as well as your new details (to try and avoid going back-and-forth with them). Hopefully it gets sorted out for you!