1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bank booklets - by the half dozen..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Jan 16, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Same here. I have an Isa,a current account and a saving account with the same bank and they send some much of same info 3 times.

2. Ditto.
    What confused me was when our joint account sent us both the same info twice. Do we really need that many books that we won't read?

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Somewhere lurking in the small print is something you'll regret not reading one day! I never do either!

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I used to read them. And hold onto them. Back in the days when banks made changes once every 10 years. Now they seem to think they need to let me know about all sorts of things that they have tweaked around a bit. I don't care. I just don't care.
    It's a known strategy in education. Stick enough policies on the wall and no one will ever read them.
    It's called information overload.

5. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

If you bank with the Halifax/lloyds/TSB you may have received a bumper pack recently of info on changes to your accounts. They are changing all accounts over to the Lloyds system. This is a MAJOR opperation and required a year's preparation and planning, as nothing on this scale has been attempted before. If at the crucial moment this planning fails, there is a slight possibility that all the accounts could disappear. Imagine the resulting chaos that would follow...
    However, i doubt this info was in the huge info pack they sent with this. I wouldn't know as i binned it straight away.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's me buggered then!

7. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

I'm sure it won't happen, they have their best people on the job *V thinking about investing in gold ignots which can fit under the bed*

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aye, but you try taking one of those gold ingots to Tesco to pay for your shopping... [​IMG]

9. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

1 per finest meal. Ha ha, that'd be worth it for the confusion it would cause [​IMG]

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

You've forgotten Bank Of Scotland......

11. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Well one of those finest minds hangs out round mine.
    So I expect to be tipped a wink if anything important and relevant is happening to my accounts.
    If I notice that mind, suddenly changing to Barclays I will let you all know.