1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bangkok & Pattaya International School advice please

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by mightyb, May 13, 2018.

1. mightyb

mightyb New commenter

Hi all, I am considering applying for posts at the following schools. I wonder if anyone on here knows much about any of them please? I am an experienced teacher and have visited Thailand a few times but have not yet taught overseas. I would be travelling with my family so am looking for a school that would suit my children and be a happy place to work with a reasonable work / life balance. Any information would be very welcome please. I don't think I'm meant to name schools here so hope you might recognise them from my cunning descriptions!:
    A school starting with the letter A that is in Sapansung, Bangkok. It has about 400 pupils.
    A school starting with the letter C in Prawet, to the East of Bangkok. It has about 300 pupils.
    A small school starting with S that is in Chatuchak, Bangkok and also has a site near Khao Yai.
    A school starting with R that is in Pattaya and part of a large group of schools. It has about 1200 pupils.
    Thanks very much :)

2. schmedz

schmedz Occasional commenter

Please join *** and get information which is up to date. Really only the 'R' schools are well-known and considered reasonable.
    Pretty sure ANY international school will improve your work/life balance and Bangkok/Pattaya are great places to live with a family, particularly with younger children.

Feel free to send me a Conversation for any specific questions you might have about R schools.

mightyb likes this.
  3. AlexMiddleton

AlexMiddleton New commenter

Feel free to get in touch about the R school on the Eastern Seaboard

mightyb likes this.
  4. mightyb

mightyb New commenter

I am also interested in a school starting with the letter S which is currently based at Bangkok Riverside but is opening a new campus in the city centre, if anyone knows anything about that please?
    Also any schools to avoid in your opinion please?
    Many thanks.

5. lottee1000

lottee1000 Occasional commenter

I was at the S one in Chatuchak. Feel free to PM me.
    Bangkok is fantastic and you can have a very nice lifestyle there, with a very reasonable workload. I don't know if the salary is enough to support four people though, not if you have any commitments back home or expect extravagant holidays. If you are both working, it's a very good salary.
    One big issue is that the school is very Thai, and staff children are the only non-thai faces. This makes integration difficult, especially for older kids. Younger ones tend to be ok.

grdwdgrrrl likes this.
  6. phat_sue

phat_sue New commenter

Really interested in this as we're in the same situation. Had an interview from the R one in Bangkok and the big S one that's English. Waiting to hear back from both. Guessing since it's taking so long it's not good news but good experience as they're my first interviews.
    Im a bit concerned about my kids being the only non thai kids. It's so hard to find the make up of the schools.