1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bangkok accomodation - Bangkok Gardens?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by blitz18qb, Feb 28, 2020.

1. blitz18qb

blitz18qb New commenter

Just wondering if anybody on here lives, or has lived at Bangkok Gardens Apartments, Bangkok. And could advise.

We are a family of four (5&3yrs) and are deciding whether to go with the apartment provided , 2 beds with 3rd bed/study room (125sq. m). Or to pay extra and upgrade to a larger apartment (240sq. m). The larger apartment is onsiderably more, but would then give us space for visitors/a helper/kids stuff etc...

Any info or advice appreciated.
    Thanks

2. worlo24

worlo24 Occasional commenter

Had friends who lived there. They are a good size already but if you're going to have frequent visitors then the upgrade is worth it. Taxi share with people to school as well as traffic can be bad in the morning and try and ask for an apartment with a city view as they are worth it. My friends with children liked living there and there is a few good restaurants/street food places nearby. Any questions about BKK feel free to DM

Helen-Back likes this.
  3. percy topliss

percy topliss Established commenter

Getting a bit tired now. One of the older condos. The small units really are quite small. I should pay for the upgrade if I were you.

Perce

4. Bsmart19

Bsmart19 New commenter

I can help if you want to send me a conversation!

5. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

How do you get only 2 double bedrooms in a 125sqm apartment? Must have a huge living room / kitchen. 240sqm is massive. It's difficult for Brits to visualise scale of apartments overseas as sizes aren't used in the UK. I would estimate that the average British 3 bed semi is about 120sqm

mermy likes this.
  6. blitz18qb

blitz18qb New commenter

Thanks for reply's and advice. Here'sa link, it gives an idea of what you get etc.
    https://www.bangkokgarden.com/accommodation/
    (For some reasons you need to refresh to view different floorplans).

We could make do with the 3bed 120 sqm. 3 bedroom, but it's our intention to move and try to improve our life/lifestyle....so have decided on the 240sqm. (hopefully with a city view).

Thanks

mermy likes this.
  7. jooster30

jooster30 New commenter

Hope you don't mind, but I've sent you a conversation. :)

Bsmart19 likes this.
  8. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Beautiful apartments!

Good call on the 240sqm. You WILL appreciate the extra space and storage options. Just things like kids toys, suitcases (you won't have a loft anymore...), storage of winter clothes for when you decide to go back to visit the UK or other colder countries.

And once you've had a walk-in wardrobe, you'll never want to go back to normal ones. I love mine!

It will be worth the top up. I'm topping up my housing allowance and it was the best decision I could have made for my family.

So true. Our 3 bed semi in the UK is around 120sqm. Now I live in a 3 bed 250 sqm townhouse and can't even imagine not having the space anymore (or a walk-in wardrobe - see above). Just being able to walk around the furniture without bumping into things and still having open space is good for the soul whenever I get home from work.

jooster30 likes this.
  9. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Oooh, and just had a proper look at the floorplan. Definitely the 240, just the extra bathroom, separate washer/dryer area, guest bed room, maid room / storage room, ensuite master... You'll love it!

jooster30 likes this.
  10. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

That looks so great! I'm moving to Yangon, Myanmar later this year and despite me emailing 3 times I'm yet to hear anything regarding my accomodation, one of the things I'm most anxious about.

I know it wont be anywhere near that kind of standard as it's a less developed country but I hope its decent enough and somewhere I feel safe as I'm going alone!