1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

balancing being a ta and being a parent

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by blondieblondie, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone,

I wanted some advice :). I've just been offered a role as a teaching assistant not at my children's primary school but another school nearby.. I wondered if there are any parents who have balanced being a ta with picking up their own children from another school? the schools are about 20 mins apart and one of my children is nursery age.. I would really like to take this opportunity but cant seem to think of a viable way for the logistics of it having never been a ta before :(

any advice?

2. Hi Everyone,

I wanted some advice :). I've just been offered a role as a teaching assistant not at my children's primary school but another school nearby.. I wondered if there are any parents who have balanced being a ta with picking up their own children from another school? the schools are about 20 mins apart and one of my children is nursery age.. I would really like to take this opportunity but cant seem to think of a viable way for the logistics of it having never been a ta before :(

any advice?

3. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Are the opening hours the same - schools to vary although not normally as much as 20mins.

You don't say what hours you've been offered............................................................................................................

Wouldn't your nursery aged child only be in school for 2.5 hrs?
    In my school there is a before and afterschool club but only from reception age.........................................................

There are often regular child minders who could perhaps take and collect for you - have you asked around other parents.