1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baking made easy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by -, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Guest

Its in between University Challenge and Horizon so I have left the tv on.
    I cannot quite put my finger on why I find this presenter so annoying, it might be that her manner and the camera angles are reminiscent of Nigella.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Its in between University Challenge and Horizon so I have left the tv on.
    I cannot quite put my finger on why I find this presenter so annoying, it might be that her manner and the camera angles are reminiscent of Nigella.

3. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

Did you notice that the swiss roll she made didn't have cream in, but the close up one the shot ended with did? Only a small thing but it annoyed me!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Now she is going on about her job in a supermarket when she was 16, why should I care?

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It had mascarpone in it. Looks just like cream.

6. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Hehe, she's not licking her lips or wearing a low-cut top!
    [​IMG]

7. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

I still must have blinked because I didn't see it in it when she rolled it up. It did look tasty though!

8. Fab, Fab, Fab Macci and Cheese recipe, will definitely make that tomorrow! I watched this by accident too because it follows University Challenge.
    Straight forward stuff imo and easy to follow. Yum!

9. ^straightforward^ *sigh*

10. I watched this last week and kept thinking "I could do a much better job than her!" I think she's trying to come across a bit too friendly and then all the little "candid" shots seems really posed and fake.

11. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Funky end music too. [​IMG]

12. I speedily wrote down the recipes as she spoke, but note that the website has them all up for printing off. I have been craving Macci and Cheese for about 3 days!
    May give the Swiss Roll a try too, but I think that my sponge will be a disaster, it's usually ****.

13. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

She's not a trained presenter so she's possibly finding the presenting bit tricky to make "natural".
    She put the mascarpone on just before the steeped fruit and the maccaroni cheese looked fabulous, sadly someone was commenting on how mahy calories it would contain - sort of spoilt the moment :)

14. Yes, it'll be ubercalorificscrummyalidocious, but it'd be rude not to give it a go! :)

15. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Very true :)

16. She's so squeaky clean and sane. She's like the best PGCE students I ever had when I was a Food Tech teacher.
    I like my food presenters rumpled, dirty, wild-haired and certifiable.

17. Though frankly, if that's the worst I can find to say about her, she's probably alright.

18. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Like we really need another cookery programme.
    Back when there was only Fanny Craddock I bet most women cooked on a daily basis for the family. Now its all pizza and ready meals, probably while watching cookery programmes on TV. Cooking as entertainment, and its cheap television.

19. You haven't been to the Cookery forum have you?
    On second thoughts - please don't come...

20. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I find her a bit Blue Peterish for my liking. Makes it look soooo easy, but we know it's not really, there's some clever editing going on.
    What irritates me is that slight flirtation with the camera. Just tell me the recipe, woman!
    Perhaps it's because she used to be a professional model before she learned to cook, so she can't get away from being aware of how she looks on camera?