1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baked raspberry and amaretto crumble cheesecake (from my friend Sharon)

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon468, Jul 23, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

This is for Si, but thought some of you might like it too. The original recipie used blackberries instead of raspberries and digestive biscuits instead of amaretto biscuits, but I think this version sounds nicer.
    200g amaretto biscuits
    50g ground hazelnuts
    125g melted butter, plus extra to grease tin
    175g golden caster sugar
    300g soft cheese
    2 eggs, separated
    300g soured cream
    100g raspberries
    For the crumble topping:
    100g plain flour
    50g chilled butter
    50g demerara sugar
    100g raspberries
    Heat oven to 160C (140C fan), gas 3.
    To make the base, crush the amaretto biscuits, stir in the hazelnuts and add the melted butter
    Line the base of a 23cm x 7cm deep springform tin with the biscuit mix and pack down well. Butter the sides of the tin and chill in the fridge.
    Whisk half the caster sugar with the soft cheese using an electric mixer. Slowly add the egg yolks until combined. Whisk in the soured cream.
    In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites then add the remaining sugar until stiff and glossy. Mix the meringue into the soft cheese mix (you can be quite vigorous, so don't worry about knocking the air out)
    Pour a good layer of the mix over the biscuit base, drop in a few raspberries and repeat this process until all the mixture and fruit have been used.
    Tap the tin on a work surface to settle the mix and cook for 20 minutes
    To make the crumble topping, whizz the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Toss with the sugar and raspberries.
    After 20 minutes, gently take the cheesecake out of the oven and scatter the crumble mix over the top. Bake for another 40 minutes.
    Leave to cool in the tin and chill before serving.
    Enjoy!

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

That sounds brilliant, manashee- will have to try that out on friends soon! Thankyou to you and your friend for the recipe!

3. This sounds wonderful. Will try this out on my <strike>guinea pigs </strike>friends next dinner party.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Hope it goes well, ladies.
    Save me a piece... [​IMG]