1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baked and Delicious Magazine

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Joyous, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Did anyone get a copy of this today?

I've had a look through mine, it has some good recipes (but a small selection). Not sure the normal £4.99 price will be worth it (even with 'free' silicone bakeware!) What do you think?

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm glad I read your post, egyptgirl. I was considering some silicone bakeware (specifically a muffin tray), but I think I'll give it a miss now!

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Everything I've ever baked in silicone bakeware has not come out of the tray/case successfully.
    It leaves my cakes very soggy - no matter how much longer I bake them for.
    It is a nightmare to clean.
    I would rather use my trusted and sturdy bakeware and spend a bit more time greasing/lining trays than using silicone bakeware again - I paid quite a lot of money for it after reading about it. I was very disappointed.
    Also have several friends who have bought and used it only to give it away again.
    Be interested to hear how you get on Joyous.

4. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

I can confirm that silicone muffin trays are dreadful for muffins ( they stick, whether you grease them or not and the muffins refuse to come out !! )

They are wonderful, however for .....Yorkshire puddings, never sticks ( every other type of tin I've tried has stuck after second/third use but been using my silicone tray for nearly two years and they cook beautifully )

Just hope I haven't said too much now, with my luck they'll stick next time ....

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I love silicone 'implements' (which is why I bought issue 2 of the mag because it was only £2.99 and the freebies were worth that) - they are flexible, don't scratch my pans and are better to clean than plastic. I won't be buying it normally though as I'm not a fan of silicone moulds etc. Individual cup cases are ok - it means I can reuse which I quite like and these cook ok. However, I've got a couple of loaf cases and everything I've cooked in them has come out soggy so very disappointed - I will stick to ordinary trays and lakeland 'quick release' instead.

6. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Oh - and I thought actual magazine was quite naff (but I am more of a 'cooker' than baker anyway)

7. I'm yet to be convinced with the magazine - will probably try for a bit longer, however I think 4.99 is too much (even with the bakeware) as the magazine is so short.

8. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I love my silicone bakeware and haven't used a rigid pan since i got them.