1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bahrain

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by tica, Mar 18, 2011.

1. tica

tica New commenter

Bump. Does anyone know what is going on in the international schools?

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

I have a colleague who spent a long time in Bahrain and is now out in Saudi. I just got an email from him this morning and he describes a situation which is extremely unstable and very dangerous. The Bahraini consider themselves in a de facto unanounced war with Saudi Arabia. People are dying and going missing.
    I really would think very long and hard about going out there at all.

3. 55 - 60% of saintly teachers left the island. school has opened for staff today. many have not returned.

4. does anyone know if the situation in bahrain has drastically improved? has the saintly school returned to normal? Has the british school returned to normal? Not much in the news about Bahrain this week, but wondered if anyone had any opinions about moving there

5. Syria1

Syria1 New commenter

Apparently the Saintly School is open again. Whether back to normal levels I don't know.

6. nefteyugansk

nefteyugansk New commenter

Bahrain is a happy and safe place. The night life is excellent. Unfortunately in some of the schools with a predominately older female influence, life can be hell with the bitchiness and total unprofessional ism. Some old bags just don't have a life.

7. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

Bit random nefteyugansk!!!

Just out of interest why did you resurrect a post from 2011?

Has someone upset you?