1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Teachers

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by sniffybear, Feb 10, 2012.

1. I have been a teacher now for 15 years and it amazes me just how many teachers blame the kids for behaviour issues.
    Is it not time to just simply admit that if there are behaviour problems it 99% of the time is becasue of the teacher

2. [​IMG]

3. I was interesed in the view that teaching is hard.
    I understand that but is that a reason for not being able to control basic lessons.
    Come on if we don't take responsability for our classes who will.

4. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

What does this mean? What is a basic lesson compared with any other sort of lesson?

I'm perfectly willing to take responsibility for my lessons, if, when I apply sanctions for poor behaviour, these are backed up by management and parents.

What I am not willing to take responsibility for is poor behaviour from children who then refuse to co-operate with sanctions and are backed up by their parents and management are too worried about complaints to put their foot down, resulting in undermined and disempowered staff. This is not 99% my fault.

Why can't children be held responsible for their own behaviour?

5. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Re the OP-I've searched the site and found a very similar post from her/him from a few years ago, both posts suggest trolling.

6. mooncheek

mooncheek New commenter

Don't feed the troll(OP)

7. Hi,

I don't actually know what trolling is but it does sound like fun.

Yes I have put a couple oin this vain on this site. I am interested if atitudes change over the years and it look like they dont

8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Sniffy, you are not a teacher. At least, I hope you are not because your spelling, grammar and punctuation are appalling!