1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bad reviews

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by bharryb, May 16, 2018.

1. bharryb

bharryb New commenter

Hi

I am sure this has come up before but could not find a thread. I have a resource which was given a 1 star review because there were 'two mistakes in it'.

I know there are no mistakes. It has been proof read again and again by multiple people.I don't publish until my resources have been proof read. I have replied to the review and asked where the mistakes are.

Is there anyway of managing this? I see it as kind of malicious. There is nothing to stop people putting any vague criticism in their review.

2. bharryb

bharryb New commenter

Oh I should add I know tes deal with things if it is a technical issue but how can I prove the point that the resource is fine or the review is unfair based on content of resource?

3. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Hi bharryb, if it's an unfair / unconstructive review they will often remove it too if you ask :)

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @bharryb,

Have you been in touch with the Customer Services Team about the review of your resource? Please can you email help@tes.com? My colleagues will be able to help you with your query.

5. bharryb

bharryb New commenter

Hi

Thanks

I have contacted help@tes.

6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome @bharryb. Thank you for letting me know.

7. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

@bharryb it is not nice to get a really low review.
    I'm assuming the resource was the one about the earth tilting towards the sun. I've just had a quick look at the sheets that are previewed. Perhaps it isn't a spelling mistake but a missing word. The last part on the first sheet says, "Explain why it is Summer in the UK when the Northern Hemisphere tilted towards the Sun." Is there an "is" missing between "Hemisphere" and "tilted"?
    Once I made a similar mistake and had a bad review. I corrected the mistake and got TES to email it to the buyer and TES removed the poor review. Good luck.

TheGingerTeacher likes this.
  8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Dude, you might wanna take a look at your torture square resource title too ;)