1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bad Pupils

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gotellmikeleach, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Inspired by the recent soft core use of the word 'bad' in the 'Bad Teachers' post...

I knew of a year 8 girl who was suspended (fixed term exclusion in pc speak) for dropping a paving slab on someone's head. The victim in question was lying on the floor, having been assaulted by other pupils. I also know of a new teacher who had a maths compass thrown at her back whilst she writing on the board.

Anyone else know of any other truly shocking things that really happened?

2. Inspired by the recent soft core use of the word 'bad' in the 'Bad Teachers' post...

I knew of a year 8 girl who was suspended (fixed term exclusion in pc speak) for dropping a paving slab on someone's head. The victim in question was lying on the floor, having been assaulted by other pupils. I also know of a new teacher who had a maths compass thrown at her back whilst she writing on the board.

Anyone else know of any other truly shocking things that really happened?

3. erp77

erp77 New commenter

One of my colleagues told me that when she was on teaching practice there was a year 8 girl who was caught giving blow-jobs for £2 a go!

4. What harsh penalty did this offence carry? A trip to the nurse for a talk on oral hygiene-perhaps?

5. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Or perhaps a chat with the Economics teacher for not charging enough?
    Or even a visit from the local pimp for undercutting his prices?

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

That's cheap, there was a pupil in the 70's at a school I taught at who charged £5.

7. 'had a maths compass thrown at her back '

By that, I presume you mean a pair of compasses.
    A compass indicates North, South etc, a pair of compasses are used for geometric drawing.

8. Exactly right! It is one of those peculiarities of the language. But let's be honest, "She had a pair of compasses thrown at her back" sounds so incorrect.

However, its always strange for me to read that someone is more shocked by the written description than by the act itself.

9. A teacher a local school had full, unopened coke cans thrown at him when he turned his back to write on the board. He had to be taken to another local school so he could see what a 'proper' school was like.

10. don't worry OP I think it was pretty clear what you meant! Horrible kids!
    A pupil at a previous school recommended a list of websites to another teacher saying he found loads of good resources for teaching her subject, turned out it was hardcore ****.
    A pupil at my school decided to do kind of a kung fu style kick whilst jumping down the stairs and missed me by inches, I was 5 months pregnant at the time! Worst thing was, when I reported it nothing was done!