1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bad luck!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by skt107, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Hmmmm I guess. Maybe...

2. Jammy-Dodger

Jammy-Dodger New commenter

Go for it! When I first met my boyfriend I got his age wrong and he didn't correct me (we were travelling, he showed me his passport and I think I'd had a cocktail too many as I worked out his age wrong). I'm 3 years older than him and he thought I'd be put off if I thought he was younger! As we were travelling we both thought we'd have a bit of a flirt that evening and then never see each other again! I was a bit surprised when I found out, but two and a half years later we're still going strong.

3. What a sweet story! Unfortunately I doubt very much that the same story will happen to us - he also lives 200 miles away so the odds aren't exactly in our favour! We're still in contact but I think that'll be it :-(. Probably for the best though!

4. I'm way past 'mid twenties' but in your position I'd be more concerned about the 200 miles than the 5 years. Some people don't recognise good luck when it bites them.

5. When you go out, do you dress up to look your best? Do you try to be as attractive as possible??
    There are all sorts of things we do at the start of a relationship - or don't do! - that we don't have a problem with much later on, when we're more like family :)
    I also think it's just a fib - which he admitted quickly - and unimportant, but the 200 miles is something else; much harder to deal with (though possible).

6. Yes - I guess I hadn't thought about it like that.
    It might be possible to deal with if we were the same age...but the thing that concerns me (and I don't know this for sure as I guess I'm still getting to know him!) is that we are most likely at different stages in our lives and looking for different things. I remember what I wanted at 20 and what I want now are two very different things!

7. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

Being at different stages of life can be a huge issue, one I can identify with; I lost the love of my life because of that; mind you, he was 18 years younger than me! Was a traumatic experience for both of us to go through.

8. I can imagine :-(. So sorry to hear that Snowstorm.

9. Aggggh! Why is it that as soon as I decide that I might be willing to see what happens he appears to have lost interest? :-(