1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bad experiences that still hunt you or left a scar

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by A_Maestro, Feb 14, 2020.

1. A_Maestro

A_Maestro New commenter

Hi all, after 15 years as an MFL teacher and a few as Head of MFL in several schools across England I’m leaving the UK education system for good. The list of reasons is long, so long that I’ve been writing a diary the past few months and I’m short of 100 pages, but, summarising, I’m completely broken inside and strongly believe that a better life somewhere else for me and my family is possible. There was a moment in time in which I felt that I was trapped in Education, my partner believed in me and made me see that a guy who speaks seven languages, who have lived in and adapted to several countries and who is willing to work hard can make a smooth escape!

I’m planning on self-publishing my diary/novel/helpbook and uploading it online as my career’s epitaph and for prospective teachers to read before they sell their soul to the devil. One of the sections in my book is going to be called “Bad experiences” and I want to explore bad experiences some people had in their workplaces that keep hunting them or left a scar. I was wondering if you could share yours with me so I could include them in my book (you’ll be acknowledged by your tes nickname in the book). Thanks a lot!

2. HistoryEducator

HistoryEducator Occasional commenter

Couldn't possibly comment Big Brother could be watching!

BelleDuJour likes this.