1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

back to work?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by manuscript2007, Jun 9, 2011.

1. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

hi everyone
    I'm on maternity leave at the minute and had told my school i would be back for the full last week of the summer term but it's not looking possible due to childcare arrangements etc
    I am considering just working the last day of the term - does anyone know if it's too late to change my return to work date?
    Thank you

2. Do you realise that you can give the first day of the summer holidays as your return to work date? Then you wouldn't need to go in at all and you would be paid for the summer holidays.
    You will need to contact your local authority to find out how much notice you need to give. It is probably 28 days in which case you are fine.

3. the burgundy book says 3 weeks to change your return to work date.

4. manuscript2007

this is probably a relaly stupid question, but how will i know if my school follow/abide by the burgundy book? we're an academy so I'm guessing it's not straightforward?
    sorry for being dense [​IMG]

5. it'll say in your contract - you should have a copy somewhere [​IMG]

6. manuscript2007

hmm i had a look through and there's no mention of the burgundy book in my contract at all.
    pants.
    I really really really don't want to go back at all, let alone for the full week

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Talk to HR.