1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

back to work meeting

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by kangaroo.poop, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hi
    i am due to have my back to work meeting tomorrow.
    what can i expect from this?
    are there any obvious questions i should be asking?
    thanks

2. hi
    i am due to have my back to work meeting tomorrow.
    what can i expect from this?
    are there any obvious questions i should be asking?
    thanks

3. Employer will want ot know whyyou were off?
    Is it likely to recur again?
    If it were related to work - if so what can you/they do to ensure it is not repeated?
    Are you fit for work?
    May wish to discuss the number of absences and put in place measures to decrease them....
    Not knowing how long you have been off for nor why, this may not be applicable.

4. i've been off 3 months because i broke my ankle.

it seems according to other staff that alot has changed whilst i was away.

5. Without giving away too much - if it was due to workplace injury they may wish to know you're not pursuing any compensation - something your union would be best to advise you on - but if was definitely worth pursuing - shcools have insurance for htis purpose.
    If a change has occurred in "how things are" now, it could be to suggest some form of absence monitoring? Maybe more - but would think it over-zealous if your absence apart from this has been good to date....

6. Here we go again kanga. You post full of "woe is me I can't cope"; people take the time and make the effort to offer you support and advice only for you to disappear, without a thank you I notice, until the next time you are feeling miserable and in need of a sympathetic ear.
    Two weeks on and you haven't bothered responding. I think it is rather rude.