1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to work after maternity leave - tips for being uber efficient!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pemo, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Not posted on here for ages! I have absolutely loved my mat leave and going back in May 3.5 days per week. Just wondered whether other mums or any one else with a very busy life has any tips on getting jobs done efficiently or whether there are any must haves that would make life easier?
    I want to do as much work as possible at school and minimise the amount of work I do at home
    First change will be not chatting with other staff for 30 minutes after school!!

Thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

1. Make sure you have reliable child care!
    2. Have back up - just in case.
    3. If you can - get help with either housework or ironing - or both!
    4. Learn to say 'No'
    5. Realise that actually meetings etc happen after school and so you won't always feel like starting on that pile of marking/prep afterwards before going home.
    6. Sometimes you have to accept 'good enough' - despite rumours to the contrary, you are not superwoman.
    7. Not every worksheet etc has to be made from scratch - make the TES resources section your new best friend.
    8. Enjoy spending the money you've earned!

3. Thanks so much for your posts! Your ideas sound great - will def try and put them into practise! x