1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to the job hunting and a few questions.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Sep 10, 2017.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Occasional commenter

Hi. Haven't been in this forum for quite a while now, but am currently filling in an application and have a few questions. I am asked to give my QTS certificate number and my DfE number. I thought this was the same thing, or am I mistaken? I am sure I will have a lot more questions, but that's it for now. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks, Welshie.

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

yes, one and the same

welshchocoholic1 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes I suppose not everyone uses the same terminology, or hasn't updtaed their forms in a while.;)

Wishing you luck with this and future applications.

welshchocoholic1 likes this.
  4. welshchocoholic1

Thank you both- I thought so :)! Thanks @Lara mfl 05 - Hoping not to do too many future ones though :D!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. Lara mfl 05

I'm hoping so to, but as they say 'covering all bases' and 'belt and braces'. ;)

welshchocoholic1 likes this.
  6. welshchocoholic1

Knew I'd have more questions! The application I am opening opens, but I can't edit it at all on word as in the tab bar at the top is completely grey, so am able to type, but not able to edit, etc. Have tried on different computers too to see if that was the problem. Help :(! It's stopping me from typing in some of the application. I do have a hard copy if it comes to it.

7. Lara mfl 05

Hopefully someone with some expert computer knowledge will be able to help you, but the only thing I can suggest is having a Word doc open, typing the info in there, which you can edit and then transferring it via the trusted 'copy and paste' method,when you're fully satisfied it needs no more editing.

8. welshchocoholic1

Thanks @Lara mfl 05 . Tried that. Won't let me paste into another open word document. Oh well. Thanks anyway :(. And yes, belts and braces :).

9. Lara mfl 05

:mad:

10. captain scarlet

captain scarlet New commenter

Try downloading, then save it as different file formats, hit the save as button, then give it a name, under that is another, usually defaulted to word, but there ae several options in the dropdown box. Save it several times, same name will do each time, as it is a different file type, you should be able to stumble accross a format compatable with your system. see below
    upload_2017-9-29_21-30-33.png

Attached Files:

11. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Lead commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.