1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to the future 2

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Nov 25, 2018.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Just watching one of my favourite ever films. Just amazing that they are using 50s designed Citroen cars which were so far ahead of their time they are passing them off as future vehicles.

thekillers1 and nomad like this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The first and third films are much better though don't you think ?

The second one just seemed like a long trailer.

nomad likes this.
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have all 3 on DVD which is a guilty watch if Mrs B isn't about.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I have the extended versions of all 3 of the Lord of the Rings films on DVD

The second one (The Two Towers) - is one of my all time top ten films.

5. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

I have only seen a few scenes of each film but I do find Michael J Fox has that unique and rare split second timing which means he can even deliver lines we know are coming, but in a way that makes you laugh anyhow.

nomad likes this.
  6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The definitive time paradox movies, and a personal favourite.

If you like that sort of thing but with a slightly more grown up sensibility, try the not so well-known 2007 Spanish film Time Crimes. There was talk of a Hollywood adaption but it hasn't happened yet.

7. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Established commenter

A very interesting trilogy and the 1st is one of my faves.

I think, if my memory is correct, they filmed 6 weeks with a different actor, but decided it wasn't working out and started again with M J Fox who was their 1st choice, but was contracted to a TV show that had prevented him playing the part, initially.

It is scary that 1985 to 1955 is thirty years, but 1985 - 2018 is > thirty tears!

P.S. I think (I may be wrong) Parts II and III were filmed as one, but released a year or two apart to maximise revenue, something Lord of the Rings replicated with some success, whereas the Hobbit didn't! (In my opinion, The Hobbit should have been 2 films max. possibly one).

agathamorse likes this.
  8. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

Time Lapse is an excellent time paradox film.