1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to school traumas....

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Marshall, Sep 6, 2017.

1. binarygirl

binarygirl New commenter

A special prayer for you tonight.

2. Fer888

Fer888 Occasional commenter

I spent a couple of years as an ordinary class teacher then decided to try abroad as I was not happy with how things were headed in the UK. I worked 2 years in Oman as a Grade Co-ordinator but found I missed being able to really make a difference for everyone- not just the children. I'm now in Shanghai and have been here for 2 years- first as a vice Principal of an international school then was transferred as Co-principal of a brand new international kindergarten (same education group) because of my Primary experience. We will have approx. 350 children when fully opened- they are just finishing the last bits now.

I would advise looking at the teaching overseas forum to get some idea of different countries. I know schools are crying out for experienced, caring heads but from what I gather pay can be pretty poor in Western Europe, Spain especially, and there are some real horror stories about schools. If you want to talk more about teaching and leading abroad please do let me know. In the meantime I am happy to lend an ear and support you during this awful time- stay strong!

install and Sundaytrekker like this.
  3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Thank you very much.

install likes this.
  4. Stevek

Stevek New commenter

Another occasional poster moved to offer support. As head of a small school I know how easy it is to feel isolated when trouble strikes. I hope the advice from colleagues here helps you to come through and move on.

5. digoryvenn

Thank you.
    At the moment, I want my job back.
    It is really difficult thinking about moving on.

install likes this.
  6. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Senior commenter

I shall say a few prayers too @digoryvenn and you have my continued support on here and for you to know that you are thought of .

You are stronger than all of this and hope that your union is doing something and that family and friends are also there for you .

digoryvenn and install like this.
  7. install

install Star commenter

Thinking of you too -

BE STRONG - Your Union will help..

AND FIGHT THIS BATTLE AND WIN FOR YOU :cool:

digoryvenn and Sundaytrekker like this.
  8. digoryvenn

Thank you everyone.
    Yes, union support is great and they are helping me the best they can.

All of your kind words are giving me the strength to fight to the end, not just for me but for all the poor new headteachers out there who have not been adequately supported by governors and LAs.

9. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

How are you, digoryvenn? Any progress with this? Wishing you well.