1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to normal

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hhhh, Jun 20, 2011.

1. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

A delicate question, thanks to the anonymous internet!-how long before things get back to normal down there after a difficult birth? I know it must vary. Does it ever happen?

2. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

A delicate question, thanks to the anonymous internet!-how long before things get back to normal down there after a difficult birth? I know it must vary. Does it ever happen?

3. I had a really awful birth and was in constant pain for a good 2 months after. It lessened after that but took until last month to say I felt everything was fully better so about 4 and a half months for me! Not sure if thats what you want to hear!!

4. I had a suction delivery with episiotomy and stitches and stuff. Had SPD in pregnancy so pelvis was still very sore but everything else was back to normal in maybe 2 months. actual wound obviously healed quicker than that but as for feeling "normal" it was definitely a couple of months.

5. I had a second degree tear and hence stitches and yes I think it took about 8-10 weeks to feel anywhere near normal again...for things like going to toilet etc (TMI!) but a bit longer to feel totally back to normal so I could do anything again! *if you see what I mean* ;)