1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Back to Controlled Assessments :-(

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sim123, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Is anyone else feeling really gloomy about the prospect of going back to school?
    I think that this is the first time I've felt quite so fed up about going back and it is because I know that it's straight back in to frantic preparation for Controlled Assessments.
    :-(

2. Is anyone else feeling really gloomy about the prospect of going back to school?
    I think that this is the first time I've felt quite so fed up about going back and it is because I know that it's straight back in to frantic preparation for Controlled Assessments.
    :-(

3. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

The pupils should be getting frantic, not you!

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

24 Y10 and 26 Y11 speakings to do in the next two weeks. Oh the joy. [​IMG]
    On the plus side, it won't be a nightmare to timetable all the speaking exams after the late Easter break (only A-levels this year, yey!)

5. I didn't want to go back either and I've never felt like that about teaching. It's the most depressing spec I've ever taught. The students have no sense of achievement because it's so difficult and gave up in year 10. now trying to push them on to achieve target grades in writing and speaking to finish year 11. Nightmare! Did second speaking assessment before Christmas and over half the students got nowhere near their targets or failed completely. Have lost the will quite frankly and just hope the whole thing will disappear as quickly as it appeared. But then again is it a case of better the devil you know?

6. Are there any exam boards that don't do controled assessment.

7. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Edexcel and Cambridge to the iGCSE, but it's harder.

8. Also, the iGCSE does not count towards EBacc

9. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

Some iGCSEs do.

10. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

These count at the moment:
    CIE legacy iGCSE in French
    CIE legacy iGCSE in Greek
    CIE legacy iGCSE in Hindi as a 2nd Language