1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Back in the UK: QTS question from an Australian

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by cobaltblue88, Sep 16, 2016.

  1. cobaltblue88

    cobaltblue88 New commenter

    Hello fine people,

    I recently got full working rights back in the UK for my 2nd time around.

    I am wondering about the QTS process. I have been teaching in Australia as recently as April, and am only provisionally registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).

    I am assuming that means I don't qualify for QTS? So if that is the case what are my options? Seeming that I am now settled over here with my UK wife, do I have to complete another course to get this qualification? Or am I looking outside the teaching space for work? Which would be so disappointing.

    Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated :)

    Have a good one.
  2. cobaltblue88

    cobaltblue88 New commenter

    Sorry forgot to mention, not that it may change anything, I have a Bachelor Degree in Primary Education.
  3. pepper5

    pepper5 Star commenter



    Once you access the above link, on the bottom there is a link for overseas trained teachers. You can ring them to find out what you need to do to teach in the UK and how to gain QTS if that is possible in your situation.

    All the best for your search.

    In some parts of the UK, there are serious shortages of teachers, so you are looking at a time when your services will be needed.

Share This Page