1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bach at leipzig by Itamer Moses IGCSE

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by peppylepiu, Feb 2, 2011.

1. This is a prescribed text for Cambridge IGCSE Drama exam. Is there anyone else struggling to make this accessible to a group of 16 year olds? Does anyone know of any support material that is available?
    Thanks in advance

2. Hullo. I am working through this text too. At first I thought - how nice. Now I know it is a bit tricky. Lots of words. Little action.
    We looked at the true story behind this by looking at bios on Bach.
    We looked at what a FUGUE was.
    We chose tricky bits. What to do with these two man chats? How to physicalise them?
    And teh birds flying away.
    We turned into a quiz show too. So we messed around with it.

Broke downn long speeches into a. tense and noe tense b. motives

We are still working on exits and entrances.

good luck

tim

3. same thing here. so far we've been able course most of our activities through scene improvisation and after which, we follow through with a class discussion...so far it's working and the students are highly involved in the discussions.

4. okh

okh

Hi,
    I've just seen your message. Wish I'd seen it when I too was struggling to teach it. Perhaps we can discuss next text in new year. I have been working in a bit of a vacuum for years with IGCSE Drama and it would be nice to share ideas and frustrations. I have suggested to Cambridge that we work on same text for more than one year as with Eng Lit. It takes a lot of teacher time researching texts particularly with no support material! What do you think?
    Sinéad