1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

baby temperature?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Chica77, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

37.8 is only slightly raised, it's not like it was 40 or something! My son's temperature has generally been about 35.8 when i've taken it when i've been worried. When he was ill before xmas it was nearly 39 so then I knew I should take him to the doctor, although I could tell anyway. You know your own child and know if they're ill without taking their temperature, and the thermometers aren't always that accurate. We have a digital one from Boots that you can out under their arm.
    I'd take her to the doctor if you think something's wrong, but if she has a cold then there's not much they can do. Xmas was the first time i'd taken my son to the doctor and he was 18 months old. He was throwing up and was really not himself - that's why I took him.

2. Thank you for your reassurance ladies! I bought an underarm thermometer and it said LO's temperature was normal. She's sleeping fine although up very early this morning as she is so bunged up and has thrown up her milk everywhere but I guess that's not surprising. I think I will take her to the doctor today as he chest sounds sore but it wasn't yesterday. Since being pregnant and having a baby I have met some really terrible health professionals. You'd think they would be good with people...