1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baby suddenly waking again

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Sam69, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Our LO is almost one and has just started waking in the night again. He has been sleeping through the night for the last 2 months (before that he slept through the night from 12 weeks until about 5 months and then we went through a phase of him waking once or twice every night but had managed to stop that.) Just wondered if this was typical around the 1yr old mark? We've recently changed him over to cows milk - would this have any affect on his sleeping? He eats really well through the day and has 3 full bottles of milk. The HV says there's no reason for him to need feeding at night given what he's eating during the day. Has anyone else had this experience?

2. Helenholmesuk

Helenholmesuk New commenter

Our lo has just turned one and for the last couple of weeks he has started waking in the night again. Some nights he will sleep through and other nights he will wake and stand up in his cot. He isn't on cow's milk yet so I think it must be something around this age. He generally goes down quite quickly when he is given his dummy and his comforter. Hopefully it won't last too much longer. We never feed him and he always lasts till morning so it's not hunger. HTH.

3. Has he just learnt something new? I think they are learning skills quickly at this age and want to be awake to practise, lol! I remember my LO did this a bit when she first learnt to crawl, and when she started walking she was trickier to get to sleep at night as she didn't want to miss out on any fun- we had to keep her up late a few nights as she just wasn't going to sleep. Don't think at this age that they need feeding in the night although I do have two friends who do feed milk int he night to their one year olds.