1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

baby needs op after birth.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by clematis, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Woo hoo! Glad to hear mother and baby OK! even if things are a little fraught.
    Bet that was a real shock to go to the midwife and be told, right! Let's get this baby out now!
    Also extremely pleased the operation seems to have been a success. Good old Baby Marm! x

2. So great to hear from you ladymarm- congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter and I hope she, and you, continue to heal and do well. Lots of love xx

3. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

So pleased to hear of the safe arrival of your daughter. A fabulous weight too! Hope all continues to go well and you get to go home soon. xxx

4. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Huge congratulations to you all and lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Well done - a full term baby! You should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy every moment because soon you'll blink and wonder where your tiny little baby went, as a chubby little wriggler takes her place. love to you and yours xx

6. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

So glad to hear your baby girl has arrived safely and that she's doing well! It must be hard seeing her undergoing treatment but she will get the best care and soon you'll be able to take her home hopefully. Keep us updated x

7. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

That was meant to read, hopefully you'll be able to take her home soon (rather than later)- words got muddled... Sorry, I do mean that you WILL be taking her home! Oh dear.

8. Congratulations Ladymarm. Glad your LO is doing well. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you but just remember, my OH had this sort of major surgery when it was brand new 35 years ago and he is in really good health now. The techniques have improved so much and my OH doesn't have any real memories of being so sick or anything. As you say, babies are hardy little things. Lots of love to you and your OH.

9. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

That is ace news. Congratulations! [​IMG]

10. Have been on holiday so missed this,
    hope all is going well and you're all doing well.. xxx
    Congratulations on your little girl

11. Ah congratulations on your little girl Ladymarm. I hope all goes well with her and you'll all soon be settling in at home.
    Sarah xx

12. Just looknig back at this thread with a tear in my eye. You ladies were so supportive, thank you i haven't ever forgotten your input.
    Our liitle girl is only a few weeks from her first birthday! She has a small scar across her stomach which i never even notice and has gone from being below the 0.4th centile for weight at birth to the 75th. She is totally jolly and chatty and we can't take our eyes off our little cutie. We were in hospital for 5 weeks altogether. 4 weeks nil by mouth in NICU and one week of transitional care learnnig to breastfeed a month old baby who had never breast fed. Hardest week of all!
    Just a happy tale for anyone having a hard time. this forum has been great xx

13. Ladymarm, I must have missed this thread at the time as I certainly would have posted. I was born with this nearly 31 years ago, in fact mine was not spotted until birth so I had to have 80% of my bowel removed due to complications during delivery. Anyhow, I am now a very healthy 30 year old with a LO of my own who is now 18 months old. So just to say, I'm sure your LO will grow up big and strong and lead a perfectly normal, healthy life, as I have done.

14. thank you lovely wormburger, in fact you did post! I remember your story .It was very encouraging for me. Thinking of you as I do try to read the Winter babies thread and i know you are having difficult times but also that you have recently married-congratulations! . Lots of love x

15. Horay Ladymarm! I'm feeling the TESmums love tonight! Another happy ending. Congratulations on the approach of babymarm's first birthday

16. My gosh where has that year gone?! I was sure mini-marm was only about 4 months!!

17. Thanks ladies! Thanks Lohman! Yes we are so so lucky that she is very well and happy. 9 months old,wow! Good chatting with you too.I'll be around I'm sure.... xxx

18. jasenhudson2

jasenhudson2 New commenter

I feel for you , some babies are born in the OP position either because they stay in that position, or because they rotate into that position during labour.