1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baby gender planning

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by 3mariem3, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hello everybody trying to conceive!

First of all I hope you all are doing just great and soon your hopes will come true.
    I'm here to share my good news with you. I've been trying to get pregnant for 12 month. It seemed to me such an unbearable burden that I couldn't conceive though I'm a healthy woman. But I kept trying and never left hope! And eventually it has happened! Moreover, having read so much different info on pregnancy, I found out that a person is able to know his future baby sex even before conception. There are many various methods. I found one and really liked it - childrenboom. It gives you the dates when you can conceive a girl and the dates for a boy. My husband and I always wanted to have a girl, so we did everything according to this prediction. I became pregnant. And yesterday after my ultrasound it has been confirmed! I?m pregnant with a baby-girl! I?m so happy!
    I recommended it to all my friends who plan to get pregnant and want to know their future baby sex.
    And what about you? Would you like to know your baby sex, which methods have you tried?

2. Congratulations on the pregnancy with your daughter! I didn't care whether I had a boy or a girl just so long as they were healthy and that I had a healthy pregnancy. For some women it is so difficult to conceive at all. Family and friends have sadly experienced this, I know that they would be overjoyed simply to become pregnant with no care to sex at all.
    Once again congratulations but you have posted about something very emotive that could potentially upset many.

3. How about twins, one of each sex? Presumably they are conceived on the same day!
    Glad the method worked for you...and probably 50% of other who tried it! [​IMG]

4. congrats :)
    any baby is a blessing - male or female. and you had a 50:50 chance whatever you tried! i *knew* LO was a boy a few days after i found out i was pregnant and told everyone he was a boy. did i really know? or was it a 50:50 lucky guess?

5. Just looked up 'childrenboom' out of curiousity and it is a website you have to pay for. A total con. I think the OP is probably a fake and trying to make some cash.
    Personally, I would just like to be blessed with a baby of either gender and am quite upset that the OP is encouraging those of us struggling to conceive to part with our hard earned cash!!!

6. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I thought the way the OP was worded sounded a bit odd, but then thought maybe English wasn't their first language.
    I was speaking to someone the other day who said they actually burst into tears when they found out they were having a boy. I thought that was awful.
    I didn't care what gender I had! My first child is a boy, and i knew somehow that I was having a boy from the beginning. I'm pregnant with my 2nd now, and it's a girl. I didn't do anything differently! I thought it would be another boy to be honest. Either way, i wouldn't have minded.

7. I *knew* my baby was a boy..... It was a bit of a shock when 'he' didn't have a *****! So much for my hunch! Anyway, it really didn't matter- my baby would have been the love of my life no matter what. Boy or girl I would be a happy, doting mother.
    I could not be ***** with anything to 'choose' gender... If I have 3 kids I would be happy with 3 girls or a mixture!
    I did think the OP was weird when I read it and did think it was a con (is personal making me cynical?). A boy or a girl can be conceived on any date and sperm doesn't always meet the egg on the day you have sex anyway.

8. I thought it was a con too- and a load of utter b*llocks.
    SOD OFF OP and stop upsetting the genuine posters on here.