1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baby Dream!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Just wanted to share this really.
    OH and I have been ttc for 12 months and this is the first time I've evr had this sort of dream.
    I had a really vivid dream last night that I was heavily pregnant and had gone into labour! It was really odd as I was surrounded by my parents and OH, it was summer and we were in a garden. When the contractions began everything was calm and I was just rubbing my tummy as we were preparing to go to the hospital. When I woke up, for a split second I thought the dream was real! How odd.
    Just wondered if anyone else out there had these kind of dreams? I'm hoping it's a premonition and this will be our lucky month!

2. Hi all,
    Just wanted to share this really.
    OH and I have been ttc for 12 months and this is the first time I've evr had this sort of dream.
    I had a really vivid dream last night that I was heavily pregnant and had gone into labour! It was really odd as I was surrounded by my parents and OH, it was summer and we were in a garden. When the contractions began everything was calm and I was just rubbing my tummy as we were preparing to go to the hospital. When I woke up, for a split second I thought the dream was real! How odd.
    Just wondered if anyone else out there had these kind of dreams? I'm hoping it's a premonition and this will be our lucky month!

3. Hey
    Before I conceived, I had a dream that my nan (who has passed away) told me I would be pregnant. It was lovely. I didn't conceive that particularly month, but I did two months later.
    I really hope it is a premonition! It's lovely when you think it's real, but then there's that heartache when you realise it's not. Fingers crossed for you and all ttc-ers - you all deserve it to be your month!
    Lily x

4. I had a really vivid dream that I was heavily pregnant and then gave birth a couple of months before finding out I was pregnant. I put it down with my obsession with ttc! You never know, may be a bit of the subconcious stepping in there... Fingers and toes crossed for you!! [​IMG]

5. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Do you mean you dreamt you gave birth a couple of months before finding out you were pg?
    Good luck Antoniou!

6. Don't want to build you up too much just in case. A few nights before I knew my period was late I had a dream I was holding a baby and kissed its head. Then a few days later I got my BFP. Probably a huge coincidence but I thought you might find it interesting. [​IMG]

7. Sorry, yes that's what I meant. Should have worded that more clearly!

8. I had a strange dream before i found out i was pregnant but nothing baby related i'm afraid.

My dream was that i was in our sitting room surrounded by swimming fish! It was so vivid that i had to google the meaning of it. Anyway it said that many cultures believe that to dream of swimming fish indicates conception. A couple of weeks later I got a BFB! A very possible coincidence but I like to believe otherwise.

9. I decided to google what my dream meant. Apparently, it means that something new is about to happen in my life. It did say that it can also mean a pregnancy is imminent. As I have no new projects planned, nor am I planning to apply for a new job, I'm happy to go with the pregnancy idea - after all, I think 12 months of trying is long enough!
    OH is on his way to pick me from work as I'm without a car today, so will see how it went when he delivered his sperm sample today and how long the results will take.

10. I had another baby dream last night, but this time I dreamt I had the baby and me and OH were holding him/her all wrapped up in lovely soft blankets so all you could see was a pink little face peeking out!

11. Oh antoniou, I hope it's a premonition for you, I really do... xxxx