1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baby bouncer or swing?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by ms media, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi,

Having our second and looking at baby bouncers as our son loved the one we borrowed for him with music and lights etc. Now there's a lot of swings that swing automatically with some good reviews. Not sure which is better - opinions appreciated. Annoyingly, all the attractive ones are really boring for the baby and all the hideous multi coloured plastics ones look very entertaining! Thanks in advance.

2. Hi,

Having our second and looking at baby bouncers as our son loved the one we borrowed for him with music and lights etc. Now there's a lot of swings that swing automatically with some good reviews. Not sure which is better - opinions appreciated. Annoyingly, all the attractive ones are really boring for the baby and all the hideous multi coloured plastics ones look very entertaining! Thanks in advance.

3. We have both - borrowed cos there's no way we'd have afforded particularly the swing ourselves. The actual owner of them swore by the swing and said the bouncer was rubbish - but I figure having one upstairs to pop bubs in while I get dressed on a morning or similar might be a smart plan since they were going for loan.
    She said the swing was an absolute godsend in terms of getting arms free on occasion!

4. We have both. In fact we have 2 bouncy chairs as we were given one and as the above poster said it is handy to have one upstairs. My LO didn't like the swing at first as she was a little bit small for it but it was great when she just wouldn't have a day time nap.
    We didn't buy either new but at 4 months she doesn't really use either now so buying new would have been a bit of a waste of money.

5. Thanks for the comments. Mother in law buying so might get her to get a swing and get a cheap bouncer ourselves!

6. We had both - borrowed a swing - initially didn't bother with bouncer - he hated the swing - got a cheap boring bouncer and he loved it x