1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

baby books

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by starcommand, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Any recommendations on baby books, not for routines but mainly development. I looked at the what to expect but I'm not sure about that one. Has anyone read 'your baby week by week'?
    Thanks

2. Any recommendations on baby books, not for routines but mainly development. I looked at the what to expect but I'm not sure about that one. Has anyone read 'your baby week by week'?
    Thanks

3. i had the pregnancy what to expect book and didn't really like it. a friend recommended your baby week by week so i bought it. i thought it was excellent - good on the development side and also for good common sense advice. i liked how for each week it gave guidance on how much sleep / milk / dirty nappies to expect. it was good for the first stages of weaning too. the same authors are writing one for your baby after six months which comes out next month i think and i'm looking forward to getting it. sorry for lack of capitals, i have baby snozing on me!

4. I've just ordered 'The Wonder Weeks' - I'll let you know what it's like

5. what to expect in the first year was fab

6. OK, the Wonder Weeks arrived and it is fab - it's explained to an amazing degree why LO has been such a ratbag the past few weeks. I shall be buying it for new mums within my circle of friends and family. I wish I'd had it from the start.