1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baby bank account

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by clematis, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hi sorry, me again! Just wondering what bank accounts you have opened for your babies? What is the best type/bank to use in your experience? I have some cheques for LO that were written for her birthday and I'd really better cash them! thanks x

2. Hi sorry, me again! Just wondering what bank accounts you have opened for your babies? What is the best type/bank to use in your experience? I have some cheques for LO that were written for her birthday and I'd really better cash them! thanks x

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

My parents opened one for my son at the Halifax as it had a really good interest rate, and we'll look at switching it after a year if there's a better one elsewhere.

4. We went for the RBS rainbow savings account. You keep it in your name until baby is an adult. We got a free money box too, I'm a sucker for a gimmic!

5. handrail

handrail New commenter

We went for a standard children's savings account at the Halifax and should have got a free money box but they had ran out :eek:(... need to pick one up when they get them back in.
    LO is rich with all the money he got when he was born and for Christmas :eek:)

6. My baby has more cash than me! We just opened a child's account at our bank (Nationwide) - passbook is in my name and I can control it til he's 7 (or older, not sure).

Incidentally, what did everyone do with the CTF money?

7. I opened one at Cheltenham and Gloucester, as at the time the interest rate was the most competitive in children's accounts after there was a public campaign for them to change it after being really ****. Interest rate - good, money box - highly dull coin sorter!