1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BA Primary Education

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Newbie2017, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Newbie2017

Newbie2017 New commenter

I would appreciate any help as I am considering this course in Glasgow. I am a mature student with a baby. At the moment I am trying to plan ahead as to what a weeklytimetable could involve. I need to ensure I could fully commit to the studying, working part time and bringing up a baby. Many thanks!

2. MissCleo

MissCleo New commenter

The timetable will depend on the university, I am not personally familiar with Glasgow. However, during placement you will be expected to be in school five full days per week, with the expectations including arriving in time to prepare and staying after school to do marking, clubs, preparations etc.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I assume this is at Glasgow or Strathclyde universities. Contact student services at the university they can provide further information and advise about what facilities such as nurseries or crèche they have to support undergraduates.