1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Ba luggage farce

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bigbev, Jul 11, 2015.

  1. bigbev

    bigbev New commenter

    Hi all

    has anyone else had nightmare with ba re list luggage. I have spent a week trying to trace elderly relations luggage and different answers at every contact! Any suggestions anyone?

    BB
     
  2. colpee

    colpee Star commenter

    BA lost my luggage on a trip back from America a few years ago, but I reported it at the airport, filled in a form and selected for delivery to my house - it took 5 days rather than 2 to be delivered and I remember making a phone call, but no real hassle. I suppose it depends on whether it is still lost, or is found and scanned into their system but not immediately available. If it is being moved around, it could be bumped from some flights or be diverted to others (lone luggage isn't a priority if room or weight is an issue') and that might explain different responses from the helpline.

    Irritating as it is, a week isn't a long time for this sort of thing.
     
  3. Kartoshka

    Kartoshka Established commenter

    I have had one lost luggage experience with BA, but it was a pleasant one (well, as pleasant as it can be to have your suitcase containing all the Christmas presents lost three days before Christmas). The luggage wasn't really lost - it had just been left behind at the airport. It was delivered to my house by courier within 24 hours.
     
  4. frustum

    frustum Star commenter

    My parents have just had lost luggage couriered to them within 24 hours (on a Sunday morning) by BA. They were told that 90% of bags are found within an hour of the owner leaving the airport - I guess it's the remaining 10% that are the problem.
     

Share This Page