1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

B601

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by lucyfivealive, May 17, 2011.

1. lucyfivealive

lucyfivealive New commenter

Had a discussion with a couple of mine about the difference between bereaved and deceased afterwards. They got them muddled up. Eek.

2. brianwilson

brianwilson New commenter

It seems like we have to create key term glossaries that cover even the most basic of information. Plus the text books by OCR talk about mourners not bereaved. Plus their glossaries do not even have all the key words in their.

3. san38

san38 New commenter

I know - really not helpful. Yes, some of mine thought it referred to the dead person - will be some interesting answers!

4. I'm so annoyed - I've been talking about the mourners coping with bereavement but not the bereaved - and, as always, using common sense is out of the question!!!![​IMG]
    Some of mine didn't even attempt the d part as they weren't sure of the word!

5. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

Describe one Christian belief about the soul.
    Although I had taught to develop answers and provide evidence, I had encouraged pupils to write 3 seperate bullet points on part c questions. I assumed because it is 'point marked' they didn't need to 'fill out' their answers - so many just gave three seperate beliefs on the soul.
    The word 'bereaved' is in the OCR Specification for B601 so I guess they wont apologise for having it in the exam.
    I just hope the students realised part e in End of Life was referring to morality and God as Judge. 'Thinking outside the box' isn't their strongest point.
    Religious and Spiritual Experience was nice, just hope singing Christmas Carols are a sign of showing respect to Jesus!! They all seem to have written that.