1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AWR

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by coffeekarma99, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Well contract came through today until 11 May when my 12 weeks are up. Came across this today:-
    Question: -

What if we choose to finish an agency worker after 11 weeks?

Answer: -

This could happen, but if you repeatedly do this, it could be classed as Avoidance which could result in an award of up to £5,000 compensation being made to the worker.

2. Well contract came through today until 11 May when my 12 weeks are up. Came across this today:-
    Question: -

What if we choose to finish an agency worker after 11 weeks?

Answer: -

This could happen, but if you repeatedly do this, it could be classed as Avoidance which could result in an award of up to £5,000 compensation being made to the worker.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I'm sure the Unions will be following up if supply teachers keep them informed of dismissals that are clearly avoidance tactics on having to pay the proper rate for the job. It needs a test case in the news to make schools and agencies take notice.

4. My experience of the union I was in for 23 years (the big one not collected by squirrels) is that theyare a toothles dog who have forgotten how to bite. Since agreed to cover supervision they were quite happy to take supply teachers' dues but were very unlikely to do anything for supply teachers. The only hope of a test case is if the other big union takes it up and even then it is another excuse to exclude experienced teachers from the job market.