1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AWR - what is an executive HLTA

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by supplyforme, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hi
    I have recently heard that an agency is placing primary teachers and calling them Executive HLTAs as a way to avoid AWR .
    Just wondering if anyone else has had experience of this ?
    Cheers

2. Hi
    I have recently heard that an agency is placing primary teachers and calling them Executive HLTAs as a way to avoid AWR .
    Just wondering if anyone else has had experience of this ?
    Cheers

3. Sounds smart from the agencies and schools point of view. Have to admit I never thought of that one to get around AWR.
    Get your teachers to sign up as not teachers. Pretty cool. Merit points to the agency for 'creative thinking'.
    I bet the agency dudes who monitor our supply forum will soon catch on!

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Teachers need to refuse anything that is not qualified teaching work and pay. It's the only way to make AWR work as iuntended.
    If your agency is adopting this tactic, in collusion with schools, of making most placements unqualified (but sending qualified staff) they should write to their MP, Union and Dept of Education. The newspapers should be contacted too and perhaps TES could do a feature on the practice.