1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Awful weather

Discussion in 'Personal' started by PlymouthMaid, Aug 18, 2012.

1. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I am so sick of this rubbish weather. Can't get washing dry, poor garden is destroyed, going out for a walk is just miserable and soggy. Going right of this country. Moan moan moan.

2. OH and I just about to go down to the seaside for breakfast then sit on beach and paddle for a couple of hours : )

3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I think you mean "county".
    Here in the south east we are having a heatwave.
    [​IMG]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I have a couple of friends who live in Kent and have gone to the south west for a holiday. They are not happy.

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

well that just isnt fair :(

6. Stupid weather woman blathered on about 30 degree heat and sunshine.
    She never once mentioned the SouthWest! Grey, miserable, clammy ick!

7. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

But she didn't need to. You know the score:
    "Glorious, glorious Devon,
    Rains six days out of seven."
    [​IMG]

8. The sun has finally come out here! Of course that's because we're all back at school.

9. Given where I am I should have remembered the fate of Doctor Foster on encountering a puddle!

10. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Maybe it is just this county - I've got a light on so I can read!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's boiling here and the temperature's rising.

12. 29 degrees here in sunny Oxfordshire, got 2 fans blowing!

13. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Too hot and sunny to be outside here. I'll save my gardening 'till it's cooler.

14. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

30 degrees here, it's boiling! ( not literally)

15. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Oh shurrup, y'all!

16. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I reckon I'm on the cusp of the sunniness - so I have out a load of washing on I the hopes that the cusp moves a little further to the north, and makes it sunny and humid, rather than cloudy and humid. Mr Sun, please come and play! I want to do outsidey things and wear my summer clothes!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I can (mostly) cope with any sort of weather (though I hate ice and snow) but I can't cope with the current total unpredictability of the weather. I miss proper, clearly defined seasons. I know Scottish summers have a poor reputation but it used to be that the weather was either **** or lovely; now it's **** and lovely all in one day with no way of predicting what it will be the next day or even in a couple of hours. This summer, in particular, I've felt very sorry for parents of young children as there were so few 'out to play' days.

18. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

So I got all excited about the news saying heatwave, thought could get a pre-tan before bank hol trip to Spain. MSN says 30 degrees today, hottest day of the year......... not in Yorkshire!!!! I have grey cloud blanketing the sky, I am sure Yorkshire has it's own weather!

19. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

It was raining when I got up this morning but now it's hot enough and sunny enough for me. All our doors and windows are open and it's still 23 degrees in the hallway.
    Where do I live?
    Bridlington on the east coast of Yorkshire.
    I reckon we've had two good weeks of summer up here :)
    Makes a change for us to have better weather than in the south!

20. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

What do you expect Dogcat? Yorkshire wanted to have independence following it's amazing Olympics results. Now you get different weather to the rest of the country![​IMG]