1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Awarding scholarships, is it normal for the headmaster to award one to his own child???

Discussion in 'Independent' started by louibob, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hello, I feel a little hesitant in writting this, however I would like some assistance to find a resolution.
    My son recently sat a scholarship exam for the local independant school. He did not get the scholarship. We subsequently found out the headmasters daugher was awarded one as was the deputy heads daughter and the head of the maths departments daughter. The head also interviewed all the children prior to the exam, including his daughter. I'd like some opinion if this is the norm within the independant sector and if not what can i do
    Thanks

2. Hello, I feel a little hesitant in writting this, however I would like some assistance to find a resolution.
    My son recently sat a scholarship exam for the local independant school. He did not get the scholarship. We subsequently found out the headmasters daugher was awarded one as was the deputy heads daughter and the head of the maths departments daughter. The head also interviewed all the children prior to the exam, including his daughter. I'd like some opinion if this is the norm within the independant sector and if not what can i do
    Thanks