1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Award-winning headteacher resigns after Ofsted inspection leaves her ‘devastated’

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Morninglover, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Students should be able to recall the factors that affect the direction of the induced potential difference/induced current.

AQA

2. yodaami2

yodaami2 Lead commenter

No, wasn’t covered at O level in the 70s did it at A level though. They were definitely answering Left Hand Rulle Q.

3. Sisyphus_rolls_again

Sisyphus_rolls_again Established commenter

4.7.2.2 & 4.7.3.1 are notably different in their requirements.

yodaami2 likes this.
  4. Corvuscorax

I did it at O level in the 70s

5. Corvuscorax

yes, they still may be asked the direction of the current

6. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Sorry, I wasn't at all clear in what I said. I was assuming that the school would provide further study. For example, at my sons' bog standard comprehensive they did additional maths if they were good at maths. But it wouldn't need to be a further qualification, just to carry on studying the subject. Maybe for pleasure!

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I wonder sometimes whether the Ofsted inspectors in school are using the same Inspection Framework as Sean Harford, Ofsted's National Director of Education.

In response to the publicity about this school and penalising schools for having 3 year GCSE courses he issued this Ofsted Blog categorically denying that Ofsted does not approve of 3 year GCSEs or that schools will be penalised for having a 2 - year KS3!

https://educationinspection.blog.go...-decisions-in-the-best-interests-of-children/

bessiesmith2 and ajrowing like this.
  8. install

install Star commenter

Fascinating.

The contradictions continue even within Ofsted. And the reports differ with their message / blogs.