Firstly I apologise that I am asking questions that seem to require indepth medical knowledge - I have made an appointment to see my GP but can't get in until next week. I am posting on here in the hope that someone will have experience of this and might be able to give some advice or reassurance. I really need to pacify my HT and reassure students that I will try not to be a liability to them. I am on the waiting list for a hysterectomy due to large fibroids (I look about 30 weeks pregnant) which are causing lots of other problems as well. I have been told that the op will take place in 2 to 3 months. The problems are interfering with my work at school. I've had to go into hospital fpr blood tranfusions and treatment for infections brought about by the fibroids and have been signed off by my GP yet again because of the resulting abdominal pain, bladder and bowel problems. Anyway, apart from the obvious distress and pain this is causing me, I am worried about how the time I am taking off is affecting my students. I know that some parents are asking questions as well, and I really can't say I blame them. So I have been looking into the possibility of going private and seeing if I can get in within the next two or three weeks - this would then minimise the possibility of having recovery time during the beginning of the autumn term. As many of my students will be doing exams in the winter, I really don't want the stress of trying to juggle all that with going into hospital. What I need to know is: will they consider doing the operation within such a short time frame? I have been given a Zoladex implant (my God, that's a delightful experience!) to shrink the fibroids before surgery and am supposed to have this for at least 2 months. However, at my last hospital visit they did say that because the fibroids are so large this won't make a lot of difference. Zoladex is also supposed to help cut down the amount of bleeding that will happen during surgery and because of the need for past transfusions I guess that will be an important factor for me. If there is a possibility of getting in as soon as I like, this will mean I won't have the benefit of the Zoladex for long enough, but will that really be an issue? Has anyone here had a similar experience? How realistic is my wish to have the op done so soon? And has anyone here gone ahead without the Zoladex? (Other than emergency hysterectomy). Sorry my post is so waffly - I am very anxious and feeling very low at the moment. I want to get back to work as soon as possible and be able to reassure all worried parties. And obviously I would like to get my life back.