1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by install, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:35 AM.

1. install

install Star commenter

Some of us keep the same avatar for years on end. Others change them every so often. For me, an avatar is just a bit of fun that I can change as I please.

How long have you had your avatar for, how often do you change it, and does it mean anything to you?

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Its my cat, Tigger, when he was a kitten, he even had the look of menace then. As I can't be bothered to fart about with Avatars (stupid word anyway, wossit mean?) Tigger can stay and give everybody the evil eye. Not my idea of a "bit of fun", just anonymity.

Jamvic, bombaysapphire and install like this.
  3. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

My avatar is nizebaby.

4. install

install Star commenter

Thank you @Ivartheboneless ;):)

I love cats and your avatar comes across as welcoming to me. Had to look up ‘avatar’. I would never have guessed it’s origins:

‘ Derived from
    the Sanskrit avatra, meaning “descent,” avatar first appeared in English in 1784 to mean an incarnation or human appearance of a deity, particularly Vishnu. Hindu mythology avers that 10 incarnations of the peace-loving divinity will appear on Earth, each an avatar, or “descent,” of the god ‘:eek:

I’m trying to count in my head how many avatars I have had! I think it’s more than 5 so far ...

Jamvic and theworm123 like this.
  5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

My avatar is the closest I can find to a smoothnewt. I had a better one once but lost it somewhere along the way.

Jamvic, Lara mfl 05 and install like this.
  6. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Red pandas are my favourite animals. I have had several versions and I have a Christmas version too. No other reason really.

Jamvic, alex_teccy and install like this.
  7. install

install Star commenter

Thankyou @nizebaby,

Your avatar made me think of playtime as a child and happy memories.

Had to look up ‘nizebaby’. Is it as in ‘Nize Baby’ by Milt Gross? I hadn’t heard of it before.

Jamvic likes this.
  8. install

install Star commenter

Thankyou @smoothnewt

Your avatar reminds me of the friendly newt in ‘Frozen’. Why a newt?

Jamvic likes this.
  9. install

install Star commenter

Thanks @CarrieV

Love red pandas - they look so cute and cuddly. Is your avatar for life?

10. Ivartheboneless

When he has his claws wrapped round my wrist and his teeth biting my knuckles he is showing his affection apparently. Funny how other forms of affection do not involve drawing blood.

install likes this.
  11. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

One of my favourite Chelsea players ever (along with Zola & Ian Hutchinson), and now our up-and-coming manager. Why would I change? :)

12. install

install Star commenter

Yikes ...:eek::eek::eek:

13. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

It's my cats, and I like seeing them, so it stays. I did try to find a pleasing picture of a moth orchid once, but didn't like any. So then I tried to take one of myown plants, with no success. So the girls it is!

Jamvic and install like this.
  14. install

install Star commenter

Thankyou @chelsea2

Your avatar makes me think of loyalty, reliability and success. It’s a good, positive vibe ;);):)

Jamvic likes this.
  15. install

install Star commenter

Thankyou @mothorchid

Your avatar makes me feel playful - reminds me of kittens chasing each other. And also companionship, family and trust ;);):)

Jamvic and mothorchid like this.
  16. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Mine started out as an Aperol Spritzer, which is what I was drinking when I set up this account on holiday. I changed it to mulled wine at Christmas but the quick splash of colour as I scroll down the page was just like another poster's, so I changed to the present one.

17. Ivartheboneless

Oh its okay. He only does it to people he likes!

install likes this.
  18. install

install Star commenter

Thanks @Aquamarina1234

Its inviting, relaxed and natural. Love the natural splash of blue.

Jamvic likes this.
  19. install

install Star commenter

Arrr - here is the scene I was think of:

20. install

install Star commenter

A great and talented footballer and a fantastic personality -

chelsea2 likes this.