1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Avant garde perfume?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Anyone got any suggestions for 'different' fragrances? It's hard to internet search something without a starting point...

2. As the tv advert says you could get "ummm" by David Beckham. Presumably he will market " errr" for the ladies.

3. Both perfumes sound amazing...

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

5. Thanks Giraffe. Found this site which looked quite interesting/nice.

http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/eaux-de-parfum/caresse-c-167.htm

6. Bloody Chrome - can't do links on this server.

7. oo, that does look fascinating. Will put it on my wish list. :)

8. I would have recommended Cabochard, by Gres (can't do the accent on the 'e'). It was a wonderful, different fragrance in its day, but they changed the bloody formula and it just doesn't smell the same. :-(
    Bvlgari Black is also a really interesting and very unusual scent to try:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120268.html

9. Manashee, I came across Bulgari Black on my internet travels this evening. Don't know how I feel about licquorice, tbh...

10. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

fresh anchovy earrings should be avant garde enough for most of us.
    I will post you some.

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Manashee, what a coincidence! Gres Cabochard would have been my other choice too. Didn't know anyone else had heard of it. I think the difference is that the EDT smells good, but the EDP isn't quite the same. They don't just put more perfume in the EDP, apparently, it is a slightly different fragrance.
    Also like Givenchy Ysatis - worth a try out puff at Boots, perhaps?
    Coffeekid, I'm hoping you've given LurkMuch a false addresss?

12. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

When I am looking at fragrances online, I sometimes click a new one to see how it smells.[​IMG]

Anyone else do this, or just me?

13. Oh dear, Giraffe. :)

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Just me then [​IMG]

15. Me, me!! I'm a smellaholic - I love reading a description of how a perfume smells and then try to imagine it in my mind's nose.
    You must get that book, giraffe. It's in paperback now. I dip in and out of it all the time and (sad person that I am) make little lists of perfumes that I really want to sniff when I'm next in a big Boots or department store. It passes a happy half hour for me and costs nowt. [​IMG]
    I think you're right about Cabochard, by the way.

16. Msz

Msz Established commenter

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

18. The French sites are lovely aren't they? Thanks.