1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Autumn term levels in Nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by primary2009, Dec 8, 2015.

1. primary2009

primary2009 New commenter

Hi, I'm new to Nursery and it's that time of year again (levels).

Just wanted to see what your levels are like at this stage in the year. Would I be right in thinking that Chn who are at expected levels should be 30-50 entering. Although still have a lot at 22-36 m (the Chn that have only been in Nursery since September. Then we have the older Chn that have been in Nursery since Jan last year are expected levels for them 30-50 m developing or secure. Or is it the majority should be 30-50 developing and more able 30-50 s???? Please give your input. Thanks. Also is expected levels on entry to Reception entering 40-60 or developing 40-60?

2. lizzii_2008

lizzii_2008 New commenter

Expected entry levels for Reception would be 30-50 Secure or 40-60 Emerging.

I believe Nursery children (according to the tracking system I use) should be 30-50 B or 30-50 D but most of mine are never really there...