1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Autumn 2020 Examiners

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by sayhitokyle, Sep 13, 2020.

1. sayhitokyle

sayhitokyle New commenter

Hello,

I have a general question I’m hoping to get some advice on.
    I had signed up with AQA to mark English exams for this first time this summer. As that has not gone ahead, I was thinking about applying to mark the Autumn series this year. I understand that it’s different to the summer series without gain time, but I would still like the CPD experience as a relatively new teacher (3rd year) and I was also hoping to use the money for a family event next year.

Has anyone had any experience with marking the autumn exams whilst also teaching?
    Am I crazy for thinking its a manageable task?

2. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

Hi
    I think that any marking of exam papers this autumn will be dependent on student numbers who wish to take the exam they missed in the summer to see if any improvement on grade etc. Quite unsure and maybe get in touch with AQA and see if they have made any plans?

3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

A bit late but OCR have contacted examiners to mark the Autumn exams but we've already marked before (3+ years)

Again, few resits in some subjects as well.

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Edexcel have emailed to say numbers are low and they are likely only to use senior examiners in the autumn series.